Terms - Being a panel member
Version: July 29, 2022
About Happy Panel
Happy Panel is specialized in research into digital media. We do this research on behalf of or together with our clients.
We always do research with the actual users of the products we test. To be able to determine whether that’s you, we ask you some questions. We invite you for studies based on your answers. In addition, we show our client (with anonymized) profile information why you are a suitable participant for the research. If you participate in a study, audio and video recordings can be made. We use these to see how a product or service can be further improved. Continue reading for more detailed information about how we handle your data.
We will never sell personal information to other parties or use it for marketing purposes.
When you sign up into our panel
It is important to us to invite the right people to our studies. For that we must be able to rely on the information you provide to us. If you subscribe to our panel, we agree that the information you provide is correct. If it turns out that your profile information is incorrect, we have the right to unsubscribe or no longer approach you for research.
The data we process and the way we process it
- We use your full name, date of birth and contact details for our own administration and to maintain contact with you. We never share these with our clients.
- We use your first name, the region where you live, gender, age category, education level, daily activities and other background information that you provide to us (when you register or afterwards, by telephone or digitally) to determine which studies you are eligible for, and to show our clients why you are a suitable participant for a study.
- We keep track of how often we invite you, for which studies, and how often you respond. We do this to ensure that everyone registered with us has a fair chance of participating. To prevent us from inviting you multiple times for the same client, we will keep a record of which studies you have actually participated in.
- We always request separate permission for the processing of special personal data (such as sexual orientation, religion, country of birth, health or political preference). We do not store this type of special personal data in your profile, and we keep it for a maximum of three months after completion of the study for which we requested it.
When you respond to an invitation to participate in a study
It is important to us that we select the right people for our studies. That is why we ask a number of questions with which we determine whether you belong to the target group. We must be able to rely on the information you provide to us. If you register to participate in a study, we therefore agree that the answers you provide are correct.
Data we process and the way we process it
- We use your full name, date of birth and contact details for our own administration and to maintain contact with you, and we never share it with our clients.
- We use your first name, the region where you live, gender, age category, education level, daily activities and other background information that you provide us with when you register for the study (by telephone or digitally) to determine whether you are suitable and to show to our client that you match the target audience for the study.
When you participate in a study
When you participate in a Happy Panel study you help us improve the user-friendliness of a website / app / product or service. You are not the subject of the research. Yet there are a number of things that you need to know and agree with before you can participate in the research.
By confirming your participation, you agree that:
- You will participate in the study at the agreed time and place. You let us know well in advance if you are no longer available. If you do not arrive on time, or are not present at all, we may decide not to reimburse you for your participation.
- During the research, audio and video recordings are made that are used for the presentation of the research results to the client of Happy Panel.
- The results of the study, supported by audio and video clips, are provided to the client.
- During the test you may be exposed to information that has not yet been made public by our client. This is subject to a nondisclosure agreement: you are not allowed to use or disclose this information to others or to make it known in any other way.
Data we process and the way we process it
- We use your first name, the region where you live, gender, age category, education level, daily activities and other background information that you provide to us when you register for the study (by telephone or digitally) to show our client why you are a suitable participant for the study.
- When we transfer the reimbursement to you, we ask for the number and account holder’s name of your bank account. As soon as we register the payment has been successful, we will make your account number unreadable in our systems.
- We do not provide your full name and address and contact details to third parties (including our client), unless this is necessary for practical reasons (for example, to be able to give you access to the research location or the materials we present to you during the research). In that case, we never share more than is strictly necessary.
- The audio and vidoe recordings that are made are only used for this research and the presentation of the results and are not further distributed or published. Not by Happy Labs and not by our client.
What else you need to know
We only place functional and analytical cookies
If you use our websites, we will in some cases place cookies on your computer. We do this to keep track of which questionnaires you have already completed and to make our website work optimally. We also place cookies in order to keep track of - anonymous - analytical data about the use of our websites.
We do not place tracking cookies that can track your surfing behavior on other websites, nor do we use tracking cookies from other parties.
We use secure connections for all information that you provide to us via happypanel.nl. Your profile information is stored encrypted in secure data centers and remains within the European Union. We have data processing agreements with the suppliers of our digital systems to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality. Happy Panel remains responsible at all times for the confidentiality and security of the personal data that you have provided to us.
All employees of Happy Panel are bound by their employment contract to treat your data confidentially, and are regularly explained about the procedures with regard to handling personal data.
If you unsubscribe, we will delete your information
If you respond to a questionnaire or participate in a study, we will keep your personal data for up to 3 months after completing the research project. If you have chosen to register as a panel member, we will keep your profile information as long as you remain subscribed into our panel.
You can decide at any time that we should delete your data earlier, and request us to do so. In both cases, we delete or anonymize all personal data stored up to that point, with the exception of transaction data of incentives or reimbursements that you have received from us. We do not keep these transaction data longer than legally required.
You can always request what information we have collected about you
If you want to view your data, contact us via the contact details below. Explain as clearly as possible which data you want to view, and submit proof of your identity to us. If it appears that we have incorrect information about you in our systems, we will adjust this at your request. We can only provide access to personal information if we are sure that we will provide it to the right person. We always process a request for inspection within 1 working week.
Not happy with how we process your data?
Let us know as soon as possible. We will do our utmost best to find a suitable solution. If we cannot find a solution, you can of course always submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) or an applicable court.
- Where we refer to 'we' in this document, we mean Happy Panel. Happy Panel is a trade name of Valsplat B.V. and is located at Prins Hendrikkade 22, 1012 TM Amsterdam.
- According to the General Data Processing Regulation, we are responsible for processing the personal data as described in these terms and conditions. We do this because it is necessary for our business and only with your permission.
You can contact the data protection officer of Happy Panel via:
+31 20 626 00 29
Prins Hendrikkade 22, 1012 TM Amsterdam, The Netherlands, afdeling privacy.